Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The internet

I am writing this at the library. Why might you ask? Because I was in charge of getting the new internet/cable package for the apartment. Well needless to say they handed me a bunch of cords and papers and manuals and boxes and more cords and said well have fun trying to figure this all out!!

Thank you kindly. NOT.

Well I had to go to work before I got a chance to even take a look at anything. So the roommate started putting it together. Well that didn't quite work.

So once I got home I fumbled through the massive mess of a billion cords and struggled to place them in the right place. I was crossing my fingers the whole time. Luckily I got the cable working. I was proud of myself. Well the pride stopped as soon as I thought the internet was set up because well it wouldn't work. The modem said "online" and that the wifi was indeed working. But no matter how many times I tried to get on the internet it wouldn't work!!!

So after staying on hold with the tech support for fifty years I gave up. I went back to the comcast people and said I can't do it. They simply said call tech support and hope that they aren't busy. Well thanks a lot. Let us hope that the library doesn't become my new home because I learned that I seriously struggle without the internet, even if it was just for a day. It is funny though because sometimes I am okay without getting on the internet. I think the problem was that I knew I could get on the internet if I wanted to... but now I can't so I want to get on.

So that is the story for the day.

Briana says hello!

From your local library, Darcy!

2 comments:

  1. Find a boy. For some reason they can figure that stuff out. Some random neighbor would work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha ha i read marissa's comment but it didn't register at first that she meant find a boy for the internet problem. I just thought she was telling you girls to find a man! ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment because we love 'em!