Friday, August 10, 2012

The almost unsettling truth

Darcy Speaking:

WARNING: THIS POST MAY CAUSE SOME EMBARRASSMENT, FOR NOT ONLY THE WRITER BUT FOR THE READER TOWARDS THE WRITER. READER BE WARNED. (stupid blogs, I just know one day I will read this and think, what in the heck was I thinking??! Enjoy!)

There is only one disadvantage to growing up in the Mormon culture... Learning that if you aren't married between the ripe old ages of 18-20 then you might as well be an old maid. Well here I sit at the old haggard age of 21, and yes I am single.

It is also Friday night, and I didn't do anything but sit on my bed with my laptop open and my headphones in with a movie playing in front of my eyes. Yup, definitely an old woman.

So I now want to talk about my most favorite person in the world of sports, drum roll please....

COLE HAMELS!

That is right folks good old Cole. Now you might be wondering "Why in the heck did she go from talking about single people to Cole Hamels. Well my friends that is the question I will now answer.

Crushes.

Yes, that word might sound super immature but I have to say that it happens. Now ever since I became a baseball fan or a Hamels fan (because let us face it, sometimes it is the same thing) I have developed a crush on Mr. Hamels.

Now we must discern the differences between healthy and unhealthy crushes. Healthy crushes are when you like someone but it doesn't interfere with day to day activities and doesn't pain you to think about it or make you jealous. Unhealthy crushes on the other hand well the word unhealthy says it all. They cause you fits of jealous rage, cause you to forget about the things that need to be done and cause you to have an unhealthy amount of daydreams about the crush (maybe even making yourself out be a damsel in distress, yes unhealthy crushes tend to mess with the noggin.)

Cole Hamels falls under the "healthy" crush. Why? Well for starters he is married and has kids. Second he is not only an amazing pitcher but he also is very generous about his money. He has a charity foundation that helps underprivileged children. Talk about a big win when having a crush on someone. This is also a healthy crush because I know that nothing will ever come of this crush (not that it would matter either way because A. He is older than me, B. He is a famous MLB player and yeah that is all that occurs to me as to why we aren't together. I think it was a good thing that he was already married when this crush developed.

Colbert Michael "Cole" Hamels

Now let us move onto my "unhealthy" crush. Yes sad to say it, but it does exist. Even I am not strong enough to withstand the evils of it.

GORDON HAYWARD.

Yes I realize that both of my crushes stem from the world of sports. Now just because I say that weird things can come from unhealthy crushes (i.e. heavy doses of daydreams, jealous rage (in my defense it only happened for like 10 mins. tops!) and so on and so forth) doesn't mean that they will all appear. Let us just say that I hope Gordon Hayward marries soon for my sake and the sake of my sanity, yes my sanity is in danger. Remember that one time I met Gordon Hayward? Oh and when my sister gave him my phone number? Oh or when all my hopes and dreams were dashed when my cousin Patti said that lots of girls were after Hayward?? Yeah I feel a fit of jealous rage coming on...

But really, why anyone doesn't go into a jealous rage over that cute face is beyond me


Crushes can be a good thing, I will probably always have a healthy crush on Hamels (but for my future husbands sake I won't let him know when we are married) and one day I hope that I can have a healthy crush on Hayward (therefore cutting off all the nasty roots of what the fake relationship is now... boy it is bad!!)

Ha. Now that I am done with this post and this embarrassing reveal....

Who do you have a crush on?

1 comment:

Leave a comment because we love 'em!