Thursday, August 2, 2012

A Job. Sports. yup

Briana Speaking:
What to write what to write. I got a job, if that matters to any of you. I had orientation yesterday. It was boring. I just had to watch videos in the break room. Although I did meet some of my co-workers including....DARCY! That's correct dear readers, I am employed at the same place of employment as my older twin sister Darcy. Some of the co-workers would kind of look at me like they've seen me before or something then a different co-worker would as me what my name was so they wouldn't just call me "darcy's little sister" and that would then make the ones staring snap there fingers and say "I thought you looked familiar". Good stuff! So now, not only will Darcy and I be sharing a room in our apartment (in which we plan on moving into tonight) but will will be working together. I'm kinda excited.
Onto the next. So the Olympics is on. Here are my opinions on such. I will start from the beginning with the opening ceremonies. They were quite silly! I mean what was that all about?! what did it have to do with the Olympics? I'll tell you; it didn't. This is what they should have done: had the countries walk out, light the torch, announce the games, and then have them sing Hey Jude. Did anyone notice that it seemed no one knew the words to Hey jude? I mean come on! It's Hey Jude! The Beetles! Anyone ever watch Across the Universe? The cameras kept showing the athletes and it was embarrassing that they didn't know to sing "na na na na na na na na na na na na hey jude!" perhaps they didn't realize that one of the beetles was there singing. Who am I to judge. O yeah! I forgot, I also enjoyed Mr. Bean's part in all this. The Queens part was entertaining too I suppose.
(the above is Sir Paul and Mr. Bean's participation)
Now to the actual games. I think I watch the Olympics most in my family. I even watched the trials for gymnastics before the Olympics even started (I wish Nastia Liukin would've made it. sad.). Also, there are much cuter ways to pull your hair back. Why on earth is their hair so extremely slicked back?! I always wanted to do gymnastics but apparently it's for short people and my  mom knew I'd be tall. I'm taller than all the Olympian gymnasts. O well, this couch has served me well.

   
(this is the girls team. as if you didn't know) (this is the boys team. as if you didn't know)
(Nastia Liukin. I feel bad she didn't make it. she was so close! notice her hair is better than the completely slick back look.)
 SO since I didn't do gymnastics I wish I would have played volleyball. I like the traditional volleyball but I love beach volleyball! Misty and Kerri, they have to be my favorite to watch.
 Now to the next sport. I enjoy watching swimming. Phelps, of course, is my favorite (Congratulations on being the greatest). Everyone has been talking about Lochte, but I have to say, I don't really care for him. Sorry Buddy, you are no Michael Phelps.
 
Michael Phelps
He doesn't always look like this but this picture made me giggle.

Table Tennis. I've only  watched one match but my goodness, have you seen how fast they are?! It's not natural. Look it up. 

So that's it. I need to go fold some clothing. I probably have more to pack or take to the car. o yeah, So I got instagram on my ipod. I don't understand. well that's all. good day!

I forgot; the Phillies traded some of their players. It was quite sad! But so far I am liking the new guys. 

The above is Shane Victorino. He is now with the LA Dodgers. I 
will miss him being in that red uniform.


The above is Hunter pence. Look at that Giant uniform. Sad.
 
the above is Domonic Brown. He hasn't been with the Phils for a little bit but he's back!
 
this is Josh lindblom. he is now with the Phils
Nate Schierholtz. Now with the Phils
Kevin Frandsen. Now with Phils.

I'm missing some...any way...have a nice day.

1 comment:

  1. OMG i am so glad you are also an obsessive olympic watcher! I LOVE the games. I watch every second I can. I remember watching the olympics when I was little (such as in 88 and mary lou retton or maybe i just remember my look a like leotard...) I remember clear back to the barcelona games in 92! I love them. and I love Hey Jude. It is a regular tune in our household although we sing to baby G and say "Hey Goo...." i love it. also, i am glad you don't like lochte. he's a creep. Also, very sad about pence! but lots of former giants so i guess that's good!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment because we love 'em!