Friday, August 24, 2012

A good review

Darcy Speaking:

Gosh I love a good book! What I hate about reading a good book is when the book has a sequel or even a third book and I either have to wait for them to be written or wait for them in a huge line at the library! I don't like to buy books unless I have read them and stewed over them a few times. And I don't want to buy this series yet until I have read the ending to the third book... which isn't written yet.

What books am I talking about? Divergent. Insurgent. And whatever the third book will be called. I know I am probably behind on even talking about this book since the first one came out in 2010 but I like to not read books until the whole series is out because I hate having to wait! I already did that with the Elixir series and now I won't get to read the third book until March or May of next year. So you can see how it is a dilemma. But I have been needing to read a book and this one looked promising because of its cover.



I am here to report that yes books usually with a dumb cover will be a dumb book. I know that is not always true because I mean look at Twilight (which I am still missing my first book and want to cry over it... just kidding I have never read that series in my life.....) Anyways!

So Divergent. It takes place in the future and yes it is a dystopian novel. I don't know if you like those or not. I like them. I read Hunger games and it was a very good book, the first one was anyways, but that is another discussion all on its own. So this book instead of having districts they have factions. They live in the city of Chicago but are divided up into five factions. Dauntless, Candor, Amity, Abnegation and Erudite. The story kind of reminds me of an amish community for a split second just because when they turn sixteen they can either stay or leave. The same is true in the book. They can stay in the faction they grew up in or they can go to a different faction. The story is about Beatrice Prior and her decisions, friends and journey. I don't want to give too much away.

I finished it a couple days ago and am now still thinking about! I love when a book can do that. I thought I hate the ending of this book but after mulling it over I have decided that it was good and had to be done. Now I am on an incredibly long waiting list for the second book and the third book won't be released till next year in November. Yuck o.

So now that I have gotten you all excited about it go out and read it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment because we love 'em!