Thursday, July 12, 2012

Apartment and Job Hunting

Darcy Speaking:
What a drag. I don't think there is anyone on planet earth that likes to put forth the effort of figuring out what can be afforded, who to move in with and where we want to live. Briana and I have decided to move out. I have been living at home for the past year and as much as I love not buying food or paying for rent I think the loneliness and boredom has gotten to me. I mean I love lounging around watching movies and reading as much or as more as anyone but it comes to the point where I want to get out of the house and talk to people and do something more. I mean I get out of the house 3-4 times a week... but to go to work. I mean don't get me wrong, some of the people I work with are hilarious and I like them a lot, but it comes to a point that I want new people who I choose to hang out with and am not forced to talk to for 5 1/2 hours 3 times a week while I hang clothes.

So for the past two weeks I have been online searching ads and apartments. I finally went to a few apartments earlier in the week and left my information and picked up a few ads. I have been in correspondence with a girl who is vacating an apartment but moving one building over. So she gave me the choice of moving into her old room or moving into the apartment with her at her new apartment. Hmmm.

Apartment A                                                               Apartment B
Second Level                                                             Ground Level
Bigger Room                                                              Smaller Room
Less Money                                                               More Money
In the ward that we have been attending                      In a different ward

So really the choice was pretty clear to me on which apartment to pick. So I asked her if we could stop by and take a gander. She said she wouldn't be back till Sunday but we could stop and see if her roommates were there. So we stopped by and went up to apartment A. We knocked and the first that happened is a dog barked. Umm... Not that we hate animals but we don't love them. No one was home anyways. So I texted her and let her know that we would be taking apartment B because if A had a dog we didn't want it. Well she let us know that yes A had a dog but B would have a cat. YIKES!!!!!!!! We decided that we would much rather deal with a dog than a cat. So we told her we would actually take A which I felt good about from the start. Before anything is final though we get to see apartment A on Monday. So wishing us luck on Apartment Hunting!

Oh speaking of cats!! The funniest video ever!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment because we love 'em!