Wednesday, July 18, 2012

All Creatures Great and Small

Darcy Speaking:
Okay so I just finished reading the Harry Potter series for the second time last week. SO SO good! I think I enjoyed it a billion times more this time just because I was older and it was like a new story because I hadn't read it in years! I was loving it. I even loved the fifth one this time (I hated it the first time because Sirius died but I was okay this time, well almost okay, I wish he didn't die!) So I was so worried as I worked my way through the books because I kept thinking, "Oh my gosh once they end how will I go on with life?", "Will I ever be able to read again??", "These are so good!" As nerdy as that sounds, well as nerdy as that is, that is what I was thinking. See problem is that I have been having a hard time lately reading. As in it has been months since I have enjoyed reading a book. Nothing was capturing my attention. So I was so happy when Harry Potter was keeping my interest so that was a great thing... the thing that worried me was that I would never love to read again. Really it was a fear!

The Harry Potter books that I love!

Okay so during reading Harry I would think "What do I want to read?" And James Herriot just kept coming to my head. I have never read these before. I know my mom has mentioned several times how good they are but they just sat and sat on her bookshelf. Oh my gosh guys. SO FUNNY!!!!!! Like really. My mom told me that there was a real rib tickler in there that she still laughs about. She told me to tell her when I got to it. I   was at work in the break room when I read it, I was literally laughing out loud. I also read it to my mom the next day and was crying! CRYING! For those that don't know James Herriot is a Scottish Veterinarian who moved to Yorkshire and is a beginning vet who works under a more experienced vet. He tells of his life living with the veterinarian Siegfried and his brother Tristan. He tells of his time going out to the different farms scattered throughout the countryside and of the farmers and also of the animals. It is really well written and easy to get into. It is so entertaining and the best part is...  there are 5 books!!!!! Yippee! I really really recommend it to all!!
The first book All Creatures Great and Small 
(I couldn't flip the foto for some odd reason!)

So there you have it folks! Books that I have been enjoying lately! I hope you can enjoy them too!!

1 comment:

  1. I love love love love love the James Herriot books. When you get a lull in the winter time, check out the series on dvd at the library. Logan has them. They are pretty much just like the book and you will laugh your head off. It is a good diversion if you want to share the stories without reading them aloud.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment because we love 'em!