Thursday, July 26, 2012

Obsessions, Film and Vacuums

Darcy Speaking:
Okay so lately I have been caught up in watching new t.v. well it is new to me.

Downton Abbey.
I love love love love that show. I started the first episode the other day but Briana never wanted to watch it so I had to wait till I had another opportunity alone. Then I watched a second episode. Finally this past week I sat down and during the third episode my mom joined me and we were hooked. HOOKED. My mom was like "This is like a soap opera!" It really is. It sucks you in and leaves you guessing, and hating people and loving the love! Really. So since the first season was on Netflix I didn't have to worry about buying it or renting it. The second season, now that is another story. I forgot to look at Wal-Mart today to see how much it was. Then I went to Hastings but apparently it is a very popular show! So no luck there. I will be checking back. Why don't I just check the library some of you may be saying. I did. I put myself on the waiting list but I didn't want to wait 80 days to get my hands on the second season! Yes I am hooked and dying to find out what is going to happen! My mom was like just go buy it! Because she is just as antsy! 



So yes I highly suggest this show! Oh except for the very first episode towards the end. I don't approve of watching guys kiss... Really I fast forwarded that sucker so fast but all was well afterwards! So yes go ahead and watch it... just be ready with the remote the first episode towards the end.

Now onto other matters. 
Mirror Mirror
Loved!!! So funny! I really think that the previews didn't do this movie any justice at all. I was laughing the whole way through. Briana and I are going to watch it again after dinner. I thought I didn't like Julia Roberts but these last couple years have changed my mind. I think she is a good actress. The only thing about her that bugs me is the way she walks. It is so manly. But other than that I like her. I am going to give this movie 4 stars! Loved. Oh and it doesn't hurt that Armie Hammer is really really good looking, and tall!

So today Briana and I went over to our apartment to vacuum our room and take a few boxes of clothes and dvd's over. Yes dvd's. I love them that much. The room was filthy! We took my moms rainbow vacuum because it works marvelously. The water after we vacuumed was so disgustingly dirty it was like the girl before us never vacuumed the whole time she lived there. Yuck. So for good measures we vacuumed twice. The room is small but big enough for our beds and we are excited to be moving in. Once we get the beds over there I guess we will be kicking ourselves out of our moms house. Sad Day. Oh and The Lucky One comes out on DVD August 28! And Wimpy Kid, Dog Days comes to theaters August 3! Should be a good month! 
Now off to eat some dinner!

2 comments:

  1. i'm watching it right now (Downton Abbey)! I just rented it from Redbox. Love it!

    Oh, and I think single (college age) girl usually never clean. I have seen the grossest rooms from girls that are college aged. Why? It perplexes me. Wouldn't you like a clean room/apartment just in case a guy drops by?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my definitely. He would take one look at the dirty room and suddenly cross you off his potential marriage list and then note, doesn't clean. haha.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment because we love 'em!