Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Na Na Na Na Na BATMAN

Darcy Speaking:

Okay my movie lovin' self is going to come out. For those who don't know I love movies. I literally love them so much I ache. I am a freak I realize this. So anyways. I wanted to talk about Batman today. First off in lieu of the awful events that took place the night of the premiere I wanted to say that my heart and prayers go out to the people and families that were affected. But I won't let wicked people deter me from having a good time and enjoying things.
So the movie!! OH. MY. GOSH. Yes it was that good. I remember when I was little I didn't ever like Batman. I mean I honestly can say I never saw any movie that did the awesome cartoon character justice. They were super cheesy and lame. So when I was in 8-9th grade a Batman movie called Batman Begins came out. My brothers went and saw it and I did not. Oh how I regret that very decision every day of my life. I didn't watch that movie until one day we were sitting in our suburban and that was the movie of choice playing in the car dvd player. So I was forced to watch some of it. SUCKED IN. Really. I loved it! I had to go home and watch it from start to finish and I never went back. Ever since that day it has literally been on my top 10 favorite movies of all time. I won't even tell you how I felt when I finally realized that it was Christian Bale playing Batman (but realistically I hadn't seen him in a movie since Reign of Fire and even then the movie wasn't that memorable and at the beginning of Batman he is all bearded and disguised, trust me it makes perfect sense) So anyways I fell head over heels in love with Batman. Then the second one came out in theaters and everyone loved it so much especially since the passing of Heath Ledger, and lets face it he did the best job of playing Joker in the movie. I will admit though the first movie still had a bigger slot in my heart.



So while waiting for the third movie to be released I read a graphic novel of Batman of when he is older and oh my goodness I love that book so much. So Batman is now held in high esteem for me. So it was Thursday and the third movie was to be released that night. I didn't have tickets because I have basically sworn off midnight movies because they are overrated. But I didn't want to be left out and I usually keep up on movies really well. So... Off to the theater to reserve last minute tickets! It was at a small town theater so it wasn't crowded at all and we got seats in the back.
The amazing graphic novel that I love!


So after the movie I couldn't stop grinning. It was so good. I won't give much away but I called several different things and it was just too good! I loved this movie more than the second one, but I will still love the first one the most. I did love this movie a lot though. The way it is filmed, the story line, the landscape and buildings. Mwah. So good. Oh and Christian Bale and Joseph Gordon-Levitt did so good. I also think that it was amazing that Tom Hardy wasn't even recognizable as Bane. Really good job!

The cast of The Dark Knight Rises



So that is the tale of all things Batman!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment because we love 'em!